Make the Impossible,possible.
8th Grade General Science
Room Number 100
410-887-1304 (main office)
Welcome 8th Grade. This is going to be a great and science full year. We will be examining four main units; Hydrosphere &Atmosphere, Chemistry, Mechanics, and The Changing Chesapeake.
The grading scale will be:
- 50% classroom work
- 25% Homework
- Homework must be returned on due date for full possible credit.
- You can turn in your homework one day late. But it will only be worth 50%. After that a zero.
- 25% Test, Quizzes, & Projects
- 10% Participation
Rules for my class are:
- Be polite and Respectful to me, yourself, and others students.
- Listen to directions the first time; every time.
- Take care of our classroom and supplies.
- Follow the School Code of Conduct.
- I am...
- You are required to be on time; every period; every day.
- I will let one tardy slide.
- Second I will call your parent.
- Third Lunch detention
- Fourth after school detention.
- If you are late you need a tardy slip with a reason.
- If you are absent you are required to bring a note to excuse the absence.
- 3 or more absences will (excused or not) require a phone call to your parent or guardian.
- 3 ring folder (for our interactive notebook)required
- Notebook paper for your 3 ring folder.
- Extra credit opportunity, 5 points for 1 box of tissue. (one per student)
- Extra credit opportunity #2: Read an article about science and write a summary about it. Turn both the article and summary in.
- Smiling faces and a great attitude to learn.